Saying thank you makes you more grateful, and grateful people:
- have stronger immune systems, exercise more and lead healthier lives
- sleep longer and feel more refreshed upon waking
- lower blood pressure
- less bothered by aches and pains
- experience more joy, optimism, and report feeling more alert and alive
- are more helpful, generous, and compassionate
- more forgiving
- feel less lonely and isolated
- feel more joy and pleasure
- more optimistic and happy
Those seem like pretty good reasons to send thank you notes. "But wait," you might say. "I'm too busy."
Don't despair! A heart-felt thank you doesn't have to be a time-intensive thank you. It's all about the thought and intention, right? It's about the act of saying thank you, and there's an app, OurGifts
, that makes it as easy as snapping a selfie. Start practicing gratitude and reap the benefits!